Authors are advised to adhere to the following guidelines:
*All abstracts and papers must be original work.
* All papers will be peer reviewed by the Scientific Committee, which reserves the right to accept or reject abstracts for inclusion in the Conference program.
* Abstracts must be submitted online through the ICBME 2019 website
* Abstracts should be in English only
* Abstracts should not exceed 500 words in length ( abstract body only)
* Abstract Title limit is 30 words
* Upon submission of your abstract you will be asked to select the Track and section which best suits your abstract from the list of Tracks and Section on the conference website.
* A maximum of 3 Tables may be included; each will count as 100 words
* A maximum of 3 images may be included; each will count as 100 words
* Authors and co-authors should submit the following information:
o Disclosure Information (information can be submitted by the submitting author)
o Name(s) (Family, First Name)
o Professional Association or Society
o Institution / Organisation
o Email Address
o Phone Number
* The presenting author must be registered for the Conference.
* The presenting author is also the main contact person and will receive all correspondence such as notification of acceptance, presentation
details and guidelines, etc.
* It is the presenting author's responsibility to provide this information to his/her co-authors.
* There is no limit to the number of co-authors per abstract
* There is no fee for submitting an abstract.
* There is no limit to the number of abstracts you may submit. However, young investigators going for the Young Investigators Competition are entitled to only one submission.
* Submission of a full paper is optional.
o Full papers will be eligible for publication in the AFROBIOMEDIC Proceedings, expected to be available three months after the conference.
o Full papers must be submitted using the template provided to submit your abstract / full paper.
o Full papers must be submitted at the same time as the abstract is submitted.
o Once an abstract submission is complete, you cannot decide at a later date to then add on a full paper submission.
o Full papers can only be submitted once, with no chance for edits.
o If a full paper is not to the standard of the editor, it may not be published.
o If the paper is accepted for publishing in the proceedings, the copyright of the paper will be assigned to ICBME 2019.
o If the paper is not accepted for publishing, the copyright assignment will return to the submitting author.
*If you wish to be considered for a Young Investigators' Competition, you must submit both an abstract and a full paper.
* An international panel of reviewers will review all abstracts anonymously
* All abstracts accepted by the Scientific Committee will be published online on the Conference website prior to the ICBME 2019
* It is mandatory to agree to this at the time of submission.