FSBN Scholarship Application Form 2023/2024 Update: Federal Scholarship Board Online Application Portal | Check FSBN Login Portal Here
The federal government has announced the opening of a site for education students to apply for bursaries.
In accordance with the presidential sanction of the sum of N75,000 per semester for Nigerian students enrolled in degree programs in the faculty of education at public universities all throughout the nation, Adamu Adamu, the minister of education, announced today.
Students in institutions of education are also eligible for this stipend and are entitled to N50,000 per semester.
Remember how the minister said that the bursary program is consistent with President Muhammadu Buhari’s resolve to reform the education sector in 2023 during the World Teachers’ Day celebration in Abuja?
FSBN Scholarship Application Update 2023
In public universities, undergraduate B. Ed, B.A. Ed, and B.Sc. Ed students will earn stipends of N75,000 every semester, while NCE students will receive stipends of N50,000 per semester, he said.
The concerned students applying for the bursary program must be enrolled in degree programs in education at either public universities or colleges of education to be eligible for the bursary award. In addition, candidates must be full-time students.
Everyone who applies, even pupils with physical disabilities, must be in their first year or above. Anyone who currently receives a scholarship of any kind is ineligible to apply.
FSBN Scholarship Application Requirements
- Applicants for Postgraduate studies should possess a minimum of the first degree with Second Class Honours Division. Applicant must be a registered Full-Time student of Federal or State Universities.
- Also, all other applicants (UG, HND & NCE) must be registered full-time students in their second year or above in Federal or State Universities, Polytechnics, Monotechnic, and Colleges of Education. All undergraduate Scholarship applicants (Physically challenged inclusive) must have at least 4.0 Cumulative Grade Points Aggregate (CGPA) on a five (5) point scale or its equivalents or 5.0 on a 7-point scale.
- All NCE and HND applicants must have a CGPA of 3.5 and above on a scale of 4.0
- The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria and take effect from the beginning of the academic session.
- It shall not be held at the same time as another Award nor for part-time studies.
- Change of course or Institution is not allowed while enjoying the award.
FIELD OF STUDY TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE AWARD ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Science and Technology
- Medicine and Para-medicals
- Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences
- Entrepreneurial Studies,
- Environmental Sciences
How To Apply For FSBN Scholarship 2023
- On www.education.gov.ng or at https://fsbn.com.ng/applicants/auth/register/35565, applicants can submit an online application.
- Candidates must fill out the form online. Submit the form after completion, then print a copy.
- Applicants need to include photocopies of their admissions letter and their current school identification card.
- Multiple entries are prohibited, since candidates are urged to submit just one to prevent disqualification.
For more information regarding the FSBN Scholarship and questions on how to obtain the application form, notify us via the comment section and we will attend to you immediately.