This article looks at the Nigerian Federal Fire Service Salary Structure for the year to see how much firemen employed by the federal government take home in monthly salary.
If working for this federal parastatal is something you want to do, this information will be useful.
Federal Fire Service: Overview
The Fire Service in Nigeria traces its origins back to the year 1901 when it was established as an arm of the Lagos Police Fire brigade.
- Federal Fire Service Screening Date
- Federal Fire Service Shortlisted Candidates
- Federal Fire Service Training Date
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment
In April 1963, an act of Parliament established the Federal Fire Service. This Federal Government Agency is responsible for rescue fire prevention, mitigation, fire fighting as well as paramedical and information services.
The Federal Government reform of the Federal Fire Service in 2007, redefined the mandate/functions of the service which includes:
Federal Fire Service Commands In Nigeria
Below are the various Zonal Commands of the Federal Fire Service in Nigeria:
- Zone A: Benue (HQ), Nasarawa and Plateau
- Zone B: Kano (HQ), Katsina, Jigawa and Kaduna
- Zone C: Bauchi (HQ), Yobe and Borno
- Zone E: Akwa Ibom (HQ), Cross Rivers and Rivers
- Zone F: Lagos, Ogun and Oyo
- Zone G: Niger, Kogi and Kwara
- Zone H: Sokoto, Zamfara and Kebbi
- Zone I: Adamawa, Taraba, and Gombe
- Zone J: Imo and Abia.
Federal Fire Service Salary Structure 2022
The wage structure for officers in the Nigerian Federal Fire Service in 2022 is based on their ranks, from highest to lowest, and is in compliance with the Consolidated Paramilitary Salary Structure (CONPASS).
The following are the average annual salaries paid to chosen officials in the Nigerian Federal Fire Service, from the highest ranked officer to the lowest:
- Chief Inspector (CI) – ₦1,405,449 per year
- Deputy Chief Inspector (DCI) – ₦1,325,234 per year
- Assistant Chief Inspector (ACI) – ₦1,252,038 per year
- Principal Marshal Inspector (PMI) – ₦1,143,539 per year
- Senior Marshal Inspector (SMI) – ₦1,058,416 per year
- Marshal Inspector I (MI-I) – ₦777,876 per year
- Marshal Inspector II (MI-II) – ₦548,387 per year
- Marshal Inspector III (MI-III) – ₦393,442 per year
- Chief Fire Marshal Assistant (CFMA) – ₦966,761 per year
- Deputy Fire Marshal Assistant (DFMA) – ₦539,048 per year
- Senior Fire Marshal Assistant (SFMA) – ₦387,428 per year
- Fire Marshal Assistant I (FMA I) – ₦349,589 per year
- Fire Marshal Assistant II (FMA II) – ₦319,741 per year
- Fire Marshal Assistant III (FMA III) – ₦305,576 per year.
Please be aware that Nigerian Guide is unrelated to the Federal Fire Service and does not recruit on their behalf. This is only for informative purposes; any recruitment information should be found on their official website.
Looking for a Job? Apply:
- NAFDAC Recruitment
- FIRS Recruitment
- TETFUND Recruitment
- NECO Recruitment
- NJI Recruitment
- NAPTIP Recruitment
- SMEDAN Recruitment
- SON Recruitment
- EFCC Recruitment
- NDLEA Recruitment
- Nigeria Police Constable Recruitment
- Nigeria Police Recruitment